COVID-19: Nigerian govt gives update on Calabar, Sokoto, Katsina, Kebbi Airports
Sirika, at the Daily Briefing of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, on Thursday in Abuja, said the airports at Calabar, Sokoto, Katsina and Kebbi were all ready for inspection on Friday, July 17, 2020.
Speaking on the pressure to open airports, the aviation minister said that the ministry of aviation, as the regulatory body, reserves the right to withdraw or reopen the operations at any airport, depending on the level of required protocols met. According to him, the ministry is presently investigating about three cases at the Port Harcourt, Kano and Abuja airports and will penalise anyone found wanting.
The chairman said: “You will all recall that the aviation sector reopened for domestic operations on July 8, 2020.“You also recall that we identified and pleaded even before now, with certain classes of persons, particularly VIPs, to desist from flouting such guidelines.“Unfortunately, we have received reports about violations by some dignitaries who failed to follow the protocols at our airports.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID-19: Calabar, Sokoto, Katsina, Kebbi airports set for inspection – MinisterAirports at Kano, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Maiduguri, Lagos and Abuja had been reopened for flight operations.
Read more »
COVID-19: Nigerian govt gives latest update on reopening of schools, WASSCE - Daily Post NigeriaThe Federal Government (FG) has said that it was not yet safe for academic activities to resume in schools across the country. The Minister of state for
Read more »
COVID-19: FAAN berates former Nigerian governor for violating airport protocolsThe former governor was also said to have physically assaulted an officer of the agency when asked to adhere to basic protocols on disinfection of luggage.
Read more »
Post-COVID-19 lockdown: 87% of Nigerian firms face funding hurdlesThe National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has reported that 87 per cent of non-farm businesses have difficulty raising funds to remain in business after the lockdown declared by government to curb the spread of COVID-19 pandemic nationwide. Read more:
Read more »
Nigerian farmers reduce maize production target due to COVID-19, insecurityThe official said the 2020 farming season was faced with serious challenges such as coronavirus and insecurity...........
Read more »
COVID-19: Nigerian striker, Paul Onuachu’s second Coronavirus test result released - Daily Post NigeriaGenk manager, Hannes Wolf, has confirmed that striker, Paul Onuachu, will resume training on Friday after recovering from the coronavirus. DAILY POST had
Read more »