COVID-19: Lai Mohammed orders NBC to stop BBNaija – Report

Nigeria News News

COVID-19: Lai Mohammed orders NBC to stop BBNaija – Report
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 65 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 29%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has asked the National Broadcasting Commission to halt the transmission of TV reality show, Big Brother Naija.

The minister said the need to stop the reality show, which entered its fifth season on July 20, became imperative due to the coronavirus pandemic.

On Wednesday, Acting Director-General of the NBC, Armstrong Idachaba, told senior management members of the commission at a meeting that he had been directed by the minister to shut down the show, according toMohammed reportedly wanted the letter shutting down the show to come from the NBC because of the general opinion that he is bent on sending MultiChoice Ltd, producers of the show, out of Nigeria.

A director had told the meeting that the NBC had on July 1 sought an explanation from Multichoice Ltd on a possible violation of COVID-19 protocol with the airing of the show. MultiChoice Ltd had subsequently replied the NBC stating the measures taken to forestall any violation of the Covid-19 protocol advised by the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19, adding that the Lagos State Safety Commission gave approval for the show.

The organisers also said housemates went through mandatory two-week isolation before the commencement of the show and that the BBN House had been disinfected and rearranged to ensure physical distancing, in addition to the elimination of live audience.Efforts byto reach Idachaba proved abortive and a director in the Public Affairs Department of NBC when contacted by our correspondent said he was not permitted to speak on the matter.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Offa Bank Robbery Case Stalled Due To COVID-19Offa Bank Robbery Case Stalled Due To COVID-19Offa Bank Robbery Case Stalled Due To COVID-19
Read more »

BREAKING: 813 Nigerians have died from COVID-19, says NCDCBREAKING: 813 Nigerians have died from COVID-19, says NCDCThe Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Wednesday night announced that the country has recorded 543 new cases of Coronavirus .
Read more »

BREAKING: 543 New COVID-19 Cases Recorded As Total Infections Rise To 38,344BREAKING: 543 New COVID-19 Cases Recorded As Total Infections Rise To 38,344BREAKING: 543 New COVID-19 Cases Recorded As Total Infections Rise To 38,344
Read more »

BREAKING: Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases hit 38,344 with 543 infectionsBREAKING: Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases hit 38,344 with 543 infections
Read more »

Reps want DSTV boss tested for COVID-19Reps want DSTV boss tested for COVID-19|p style=
Read more »

COVID-19 Testing: How Nigerian states are faring | Premium Times NigeriaCOVID-19 Testing: How Nigerian states are faring | Premium Times NigeriaNigeria's target of testing two million people in three months has failed.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 21:43:58