COVID-19: Kaduna Govt Says Markets, Places Of Worship To Remain Closed Till Further Notice

Nigeria News News

COVID-19: Kaduna Govt Says Markets, Places Of Worship To Remain Closed Till Further Notice
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 channelstv
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 63%

COVID-19: Kaduna Govt Says Markets, Places Of Worship To Remain Closed Till Further Notice

The Kaduna State Government says it will not re-open markets or places of worship until further notice as the nation continues to battle the COVID-19.

The decision to close places of worship in Kaduna State had been taken and enforced in March 2020 by the state government as part of the proclamation of the Quarantine Orders against COVID-19 in the state. He, however, stressed that until such consultations result in a formal announcement authorising businesses, markets and places of worship to reopen, it will be a violation of subsisting Quarantine Orders for anybody to reopen any unauthorised facility, market or places of worship or to conduct congregational worship of any sort, adding that places of worship in Kaduna State were not closed by the Federal Government.

“Kaduna State has its own well-articulated roadmap for reopening, and this was published last week as a public document for the views and inputs of the citizens of the State. That is why when it extended the Quarantine Orders by two weeks on 26th May 2020, it also announced steps to ease some of the restrictions. These included increasing lockdown-free days to three and allowing approved businesses and facilities to open on those three days.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

channelstv /  🏆 7. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

COVID-19: Kaduna records 14 new casesCOVID-19: Kaduna records 14 new casesThe Kaduna State Ministry of Health on Monday said the state has recorded 14 new cases of COVID-19. The breakdown of the recorded cases showed that a community in Kaduna, Sabon Tasha in Chikun Local Government has nine cases, Kawo in Kaduna North Local Government has four, while one case emanated from Kinkinau in Kaduna
Read more »

BREAKING: Kaduna To Discharge 15 COVID-19 Patients As New 31 Cases Are Recorded | Sahara ReportersBREAKING: Kaduna To Discharge 15 COVID-19 Patients As New 31 Cases Are Recorded | Sahara ReportersBREAKING: Kaduna To Discharge 15 COVID19 Patients As New 31 Cases Are Recorded | Sahara Reporters The government also announced new 31 cases from 145 samples tested on Monday. GovKaduna elrufai NCDCgov READ MORE:
Read more »

El-rufai confirms 31 new cases of COVID-19 in Kaduna, discharge of 15 patientsEl-rufai confirms 31 new cases of COVID-19 in Kaduna, discharge of 15 patientsThe Kaduna State government on Tuesday announced the discharge of 15 COVID-19 patients. The State government on its official Twitter page also confirmed that it recorded 31 new COVID-19 cases. It said the cases were recorded in Zaria, Kaduna North and Sabon-Gari. \u201cCovid-19 Update: 15 patients are due for discharge. Out of 145 samples tested
Read more »

COVID-19: Shehu Sani reacts as Nigerian govt reopens Churches, MosquesCOVID-19: Shehu Sani reacts as Nigerian govt reopens Churches, MosquesShehu Sani, former Kaduna State lawmaker has reacted to the reopening of Churches and Mosques by Nigerian government. Nigerian Government finally lifted the ban on religious gathering across the country on Monday. Chairman of the Task Force, Boss Mustapha, made the announcement during the briefing of the presidential task force (PTF) on COVID-19 on Monday,
Read more »

Nigerian govt gives update on Madagascar\u2019s alleged COVID-19 cureNigerian govt gives update on Madagascar\u2019s alleged COVID-19 cureThe federal government on Monday said the Madagascar\u2019s COVID Organics has been transferred to the Ministry of Health. The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, made this known on Monday during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19. Ehanire said the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has
Read more »

COVID-19 deaths in Lagos now 59 – GovtCOVID-19 deaths in Lagos now 59 – Govt
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 00:10:19