Evacuation of Nigerians stranded in the United States due to the novel coronavirus will begin on May 10, the Consulate of Nigeria in New York has announced.
It said 700 Nigerians have registered with the missions in the US for the evacuation, which would be done in batches.The PUNCH reports that over 2,000 Nigerians in China, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, and others had also indicated interests in returning home on account of the coronavirus pandemic.The consulate said the first batch of 270 evacuees would be transported to Abuja through an Ethiopian Airlines flight ET 509.
The Federal Government had earlier said the returning citizens would pay for their flight and also be put in compulsory quarantine on arrival in Nigeria.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID-19: Planned evacuation of Nigerians in Diaspora begins this week - FG - Daily Post NigeriaAbike Dabiri-Erewa, the Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora, has said that the planned evacuation of Nigerians residing abroad who have signified
Read more »
BREAKING: Ogun doctors begin three-day warning strike amid COVID-19
Read more »
Lagos Discharges 22 Recovered COVID-19 PatientsLagos Discharges 22 Recovered COVID-19 Patients
Read more »
COVID - 19: Panic as pregnant woman dies at FMC Abeokuta – Daily TrustThe Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State, was thrown into panic on Saturday after a pregnant woman was said to have died from Covid-19 complications at the hospital.
Read more »
Covid-19: Kaduna to pay healthworkers N5,000 daily incentive, offers insurance – Daily TrustKaduna State Government has said it will pay daily incentives of between N5,000 and N15,000 to frontline health workers and also provide them additional insurance coverage for death and disability.
Read more »
Boris Johnson names son after doctors who treated him for COVID-19
Read more »