COVID19: As premierleague Returns, Soccer Fans, Operators Beg Gov RotimiAkeredolu To Lift Ban On Viewing Centres | Sahara Reporters This decision has dashed the hopes of soccer fans and operators of viewing centres who live on the business... READ MORE:
Operators of football viewing centres in Ondo State have condemned a temporary ban on their business by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.Some of them, who spoke in an interview with SaharaReporters in Akure on Tuesday, said their joy of making money amid the pandemic had been cut short by the government’s decision.
He said since the state government had allowed churches, mosques and markets to open, it should have given operators of football viewing centres the same privilege. Other operators shared a different view. Olaide Babatunde said the decision of the government was for the overall interest but might not go down well with others.
He said,"Others won't be happy with the governor's decision but I see it as a good one which is even in the best interest of the citizens. At least, since March that the virus spread into the country, we have been surviving. So, we should try and endure it for the main time rather than put the lives of our people in danger.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
EPL: Ivan Rakitic takes decision on leaving Barcelona for Premier League giants - Daily Post NigeriaBarcelona midfielder, Ivan Rakitic, has ruled out the possibility of leaving the club this summer's transfer window amid interest from Premier League
Read more »
Champions League: Man City to discover fate in July as CAS appeal begins - Daily Post NigeriaManchester City will find out next month if their appeal against their two-year European ban has been successful. On Monday, The Court of Arbitration for
Read more »
COVID-19: Akeredolu bans football viewing centres in Ondo
Read more »
COVID-19: Govt bans football viewing centres - Daily Post NigeriaThe Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has banned football viewing centres from operating in the State. Akeredolu gave the order on Monday, while
Read more »
China Bans Players For Six Months After Breaking COVID-19 RulesChina Bans Players For Six Months After Breaking COVID-19 Rules
Read more »
COVID-19: Choose life or death - Akeredolu tells Ondo residents - Daily Post NigeriaFollowing the sudden rise in the number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in Ondo State, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, on Tuesday reiterated the need for
Read more »