At least 10 doctors and nurses working at the Gwarinpa General Hospital, Abuja, have been asked to go into self-isolation after a patient who was being prepped for surgery tested positive for COVID-19
,This is just as four doctors in Wuse District Hospital have also gone into isolation following exposure to two Covid-19 patients in the hospital, the Association of Resident Doctors has said.
However, before the surgery could begin, he was said to have started coughing profusely thereby causing a scare among health workers.on the condition of anonymity, said, “A patient visited our hospital last week and he was examined by a doctor. He was diagnosed with intestinal obstruction and was placed on admission pending a surgical operation. He was given drugs and fluid.
“The management has asked us to go into self-isolation. We will be tested later in the week,” she said.that public hospitals are not being carried along in the Federal Government’s COVID-19 response plan.The official said there had been no form of training for doctors at the hospital except the usual advisory.
This is contained in a communiqué issued after a virtual council meeting on May 7, 2020, and signed by the General Secretary of ARDFCTA, Dr. Mustapha Ibrahim.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
COVID-19: Foundation donates palliatives to women with disabilities in Abuja – Daily TrustThe Survive Fistula Health Care Foundation (SFHF), a non-governmental organization, has donated food and other items to women living with disabilities in Abuja. The items donated include face masks and hand sanitisers. Speaking during the donation at the Kuje Primary Health Care Centre, Mrs Peters Ogunmayin, Executive Director of the foundation, said the donation was …
Read more »
COVID-19: 160 stranded Nigerians depart US for Abuja – Daily TrustThe first batch of Nigerians stranded in the United States due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is on their way back home.
Read more »
COVID-19: Another 160 Nigerians depart US for AbujaAnother batch of 160 Nigerians stranded in the United States due to the coronavirus pandemic are on their way to Lagos. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 160 Nigerians, including eight infants, made the first batch of evacuees from the US. DAILY POST recalls that the first batch of Nigerians from the UK
Read more »
COVID-19: 160 stranded Nigerians arrive Abuja from US – Daily Trust160 stranded Nigerians in the United States of America have on Sunday arrived the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja following...
Read more »
COVID-19: Nigerians abroad invest in T Pumpy Abuja lands, own yours with N2MSome Nigerians abroad have keyed into the ongoing promo by Abuja-based real estate giants, T Pumpy Concept Limited, developers of T Pumpy Estates in the nation's capital. This followed the lockdown in many countries due to the coronavirus pandemic. Mr. Gbenga Adewale, a London-based oil mogul, said before now, he had no apartment in Nigeria.
Read more »
Kwara Records One COVID-19 Death | Sahara ReportersKwara Records One COVID19 Death | Sahara Reporters According to Rafiu Ajakaye, Chief Press Secretary to the state governor, the man, his wife and children were tested for the virus and their results came back positive. READ MORE:
Read more »