Police say the defendant committed the offence with others still at large on June 20, about 9.30 p.m. on Alfa Nla Street, Agege.
An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Thursday remanded a 19-year-old, Yinka Olamilekan, for allegedly robbing a pedestrian with a cutlass.
Mr Olamilekan, whose residential address was not provided, is facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and robbery. The Magistrate, O.O. Fajana, who did not take the plea of the suspect, ordered that he be kept at theShe directed that the case file be sent to the state Director of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.Prosecutor, Kenrich Nomayo, had earlier alleged that the defendant armed himself with a cutlass and other dangerous weapons and robbed one Aminu Zaki of his Camon 16 phone worth N75,000.
Mr Nomayo told the court that the defendant committed the offences with others still at large on June 20, about 9.30 p.m. on Alfa Nla Street, Agege, a Lagos suburb.“The defendant was caught and taken to the nearest police station after the complainant alerted passersby,” he said.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Ogun LG polls: NNPP drags OGSIEC, APC, 20 council chairmen to courtFollowing the outcome of the just concluded local government election in Ogun State, the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) has filed charges against the
Read more »
Hushpuppi: Police mum as US court orders arrest of IGP’s team leader Abba Kyari - Punch NewspapersThe most widely read newspaper in Nigeria
Read more »
Nigeria's Secret Police Disobey Abuja Court Order To Immediately Release 5 #BuhariMustGo Activists | Sahara ReportersTo frustrate the activists' suit at the Federal High Court, the DSS took them to a Magistrate's Court.
Read more »
BREAKING: Supreme Court Upholds Akeredolu’s ElectionThe Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld the victory of Rotimi Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the last governorship election in Ondo
Read more »
JUST IN: Supreme Court Affirms Akeredolu As Ondo Governor | Sahara ReportersThe PDP candidate had told the tribunal that the election was marred by “irregularities, violence and intimidation of eligible voters.”
Read more »
FCT Court Again Grants Bail To Five Activists Illegally Arrested At Dunamis Church | Sahara ReportersThe Chief Magistrate, Mohammed Zubairu, admitted the activists to bail with sum of N500,000 each and with one surety.
Read more »