Court Orders Forfeiture Of N250m Allegedly Diverted From NDDC
The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the forfeiture to the Federal Government, the sum of N250 million allegedly diverted from the Niger Delta Development Commission .
Justice Rilwan Aikawa gave the order on Thursday while ruling on an ex-parte application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for the interim forfeiture of the money. Counsel to the EFCC, Usman Buhari, told the court that the money had been illegally diverted from the NDDC, through a contract awarded by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Buhari asked the court to make an order of forfeiture, as well as an order directing the publication of the forfeiture order in a national newspaper for anyone interested in the funds to show cause within 14 days why a final order of forfeiture should not be made in favour of the Federal Government. Justice Aikawa, in a short ruling, granted the request of the EFCC counsel and ordered the forfeiture of the money.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Court orders forfeiture of N250m diverted from NDDC
Read more »
German Court Orders Facebook To Stop Merging Data Collected On Whatsapp And InstagramGerman Court Orders Facebook To Stop Merging Data Collected On Whatsapp And Instagram
Read more »
Edo 2020: We’ll obey court orders on party primaries – INECThere have been various court orders and counter-orders regarding the governorship primary in Edo State.
Read more »
INEC Vows to Obey Only Orders of Properly Constituted Court - THISDAYLIVEChuks Okocha in Abuja The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said that it is closely monitoring pre-election litigations from the courts and vowed to obey all genuine court orders. In a statement issued by INEC’s National Commissioner and Chairman of Voters Information and Education, Mr. Festus Okoye, the electoral body said: “the commission is …
Read more »
Court Orders Reopening Of Jabi Lake Mall After Closure By Government Over Lockdown Violation | Sahara ReportersCourt Orders Reopening Of Jabi Lake Mall After Closure By NigeriaGov Over Lockdown Violation | Sahara Reporters The court ordered the management of the mall to publish an apology to the government in national dailies for violating COVID19... READ MORE:
Read more »
COVID-19: Court orders Brazil president to use mask in public
Read more »