Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has told his players to stay at home during the Premier League’s coronavirus lockdown.
The Premier League announced on Friday that all matches would be postponed until April 3 over fears about the spread of the deadly pandemic.
Bruce said Newcastle had already drawn up a response to the coronavirus outbreak when the governing bodies acted on Friday after Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and Chelsea midfielder Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for the illness. That will entail the players staying at home and working on their personal fitness programmes to stay in shape.
Bruce, whose side were due to face Sheffield United on Saturday, said: “We’ve set the personal programmes in place, they’re ready to go.“I think that’s what the doctors of all the clubs are recommending. Up until yesterday, we thought we were fine to play this weekend, but when the news broke , it was obvious the situation had changed.“We’ve been talking about what will happen if everything is suspended for two weeks, four weeks.
“There are 70 or 80 of us in quite a confined space. If one of them got infected when they were away from the training ground and then came back in, clearly that would be an issue. It’s so contagious, apparently.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Stay At Home, Newcastle Tell Players Amid Coronavirus LockdownStay At Home, Newcastle Tell Players Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
Read more »
Almajiri: Why the ban on street begging in Kano should stay – Daily TrustWhat initially started as a genuine search for Islamic knowledge centuries ago especially after the Usman Dan Fodio jihad when Islamic scholars were scarce and pupils had to travel for hundreds of kilometers more often on foot to acquire knowledge, has now metamorphosed into what can be described as commercialized or materialistic knowledge-seeking. Nowadays, instead …
Read more »
Stay with us forever, Awe residents beg Sanusi II – Daily TrustSome residents of Awe Local Government area of Nasarawa state, have appealed to the deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II not to leave Awe community, assuring him of their cooperation. They described the emirs presence as a blessing, saying it has brought the community to limelight. They said Sanusi’s presence in the community has …
Read more »
Banishment: 'Stay with us forever' - Awe residents beg SanusiBanishment: 'Stay with us forever' - Awe residents beg Sanusi ThursdayMotivation ReadThis TopStories
Read more »
Banishment: Stay with us forever, Awe residents beg Sanusi
Read more »
Stay At Home, Newcastle Tell Players Amid Coronavirus LockdownStay At Home, Newcastle Tell Players Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
Read more »