Coronavirus: La Liga gives latest update on when season will resume
DAILY POST had reported that La Liga, including other major leagues in Europe, were suspended due to the spread of coronavirus across the world.
A statement from the organizing body revealed that clubs would follow the league’s rules for resuming training, which had been agreed with Spain’s sports and health authorities in order to guarantee the safety of players, coaches, and staff. The rules oblige players to undergo testing for the COVID-19 before they can return to their training facilities.
“These measures cover a period of approximately four weeks with different phases that, in any case, will be subject to the de-escalation process established by the government. “Thus, together with the medical tests carried out by clubs, a staggering return to training has been implemented that will start with players training alone and with group activities prior to the return to competition, scheduled for June,” said the statement.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Spain's La Liga eyes June restart date – Daily TrustLa Liga announced on Monday it planned to restart the Spanish league campaign in June after more than two months without games due to the coronavirus pandemic. Individual training will begin for players this week after the country’s government lifted sport-related measures. “People’s health is paramount, so we have a comprehensive protocol to safeguard the …
Read more »
La Liga training to resume this week with season restart in JuneSoccer clubs in Spain’s top two divisions will return to individual training this week for the first time since activity was halted due...
Read more »
'Kano is in trouble' - Gov. Ganduje gives reasons for mass spread of Coronavirus - Daily Post NigeriaGovernor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has blamed the massive outbreak of COVID-19 the State to the delay in testing suspected cases. Hundreds of people
Read more »
Borno State shuts out media over COVID-19, records two new deathsThe team has not told journalists the reason(s) for the media blackout, which was stalled after some prominent Borno residents allegedly died of the virus. BornoState Borno Covid19 Nigeria
Read more »