Buhari’s Kano visit: Protesting youths barricade roads, stone helicopter

Nigeria News News

Buhari’s Kano visit: Protesting youths barricade roads, stone helicopter
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 60 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 63%

Some angry youths in Kano State, on Monday, hauled stones at the advance convoy of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), during an official visit to Kano.

Security had been beefed up across the Kano metropolis as the President visited the state to inaugurate eight development projects.

One video showed citizens angrily struggling with some unidentified security agents while a convoy made its way through their midst. However, the President’s trip to Kumbotso did not record any attack by any mob, as he was sandwiched by security operatives, who comprised heavily armed soldiers aboard motorised Toyota Hilux and was also supported by armed mobile police special forces.

However, Ganduje, while speaking to journalists after a meeting with Buhari in Katsina, expressed readiness to receive the president to commission the projects in the state. The situation reportedly degenerated when the youths started throwing stones, causing a commotion that created tension in the areaReacting to the Kano rampage, spokesperson for the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Council, Senator Dino Melaye, who shared one of the videos from the reported attack, blamed it on the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

Similarly, the PDP in a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba, on Monday also blamed Tinubu and the Governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, for the attack.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: Ganduje makes U-turn, says Kano now 'very ready' for Buhari’s visit | TheCableBREAKING: Ganduje makes U-turn, says Kano now 'very ready' for Buhari’s visit | TheCableAbdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, says the state is 'very ready' to receive President Muhammadu Buhari.
Read more »

Ganduje makes U-turn, says Buhari free to visit Kano as plannedGanduje makes U-turn, says Buhari free to visit Kano as plannedBarely few hours after Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje advised President Muhammadu Buhari against visiting his state, he has now rescinded his early
Read more »

Ganduje makes U-turn, says Kano now 'very ready' for Buhari’s visitGanduje makes U-turn, says Kano now 'very ready' for Buhari’s visitAbdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, says the state is 'very ready' to receive President Muhammadu Buhari.
Read more »

Kano govt beefs up security ahead Buhari's visitKano govt beefs up security ahead Buhari's visitIn readiness for the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.)'s visit to Kano to launch eight developmental projects, security has been beefed up in parts of the state metropolis.
Read more »

With 10mw Solar Energy, President Buhari sets Kano inWith 10mw Solar Energy, President Buhari sets Kano inFor an electricity distribution area, Kano DISCO that gets between 250-360 Megawatts Hour, on a day-by-day, many will dismiss the commissioning of the 10MW, Challawa Kano Solar Power Project as inconsequential. Yet, in terms of, both significance and consequential impact, this power plant, the first of its kind in Nigeria is a game-changer in many respects.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 13:25:30