BREAKING: Lawyers In Shouting Match As CCT Orders Onnoghen To Defend Charges | Sahara Reporters However, as Umar gave the ruling and adjourned till Monday, April 1, 2019, lawyers in the defence team erupted in a shouting match to protest... READ MORE:
It was a rowdy session at the Code of Conduct Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Friday, as Walter Onnoghen, the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria , was ordered to defend the allegations levelled against him.Ruling on the matter on Friday, the CCT rejected the no-case submission made by Onnoghen, insisting that the fact that the defendant had confessed to omission in the submitted documents was enough to charge him.
Danladi Umar, the CCT Chairman, said the prosecution counsel had enough evidence to establish a case against Onnoghen, the defendant. Umar made reference to the commission admitted by Onnoghen on his declaration of five domiciliary accounts he had been operating with Standard Chartered Bank since 2009.However, as Umar gave the ruling and adjourned till Monday, April 1, 2019, lawyers in the defence team erupted in a shouting match to protest the timing.
Adegboyega Awomolo , lead counsel to Onnoghen, said April 1 was too close for his team to make adequate preparation. However, while Awomolo was yet to conclude his presentation, the CCT Chairman walked out of the sitting. Expressing his disappointment, Awomolo said: “If this is justice, then, God bless Nigeria.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Onnoghen accuses CCT of not following procedures in instituting case – Daily TrustThe suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Friday accused the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) of not following its set Standard Operation Procedures in instituting the case against him. Onnoghen made the accusation during his resumed trial in Abuja.ADVERTISEMENT NAN reports that Onnoghen is being arraigned at the CCT following a charge …
Read more »
Assets declaration: Onnoghen accuses CCT of not following procedures in instituting case - Vanguard News NigeriaThe suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Friday accused the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) of not following its set Standard Operation Procedures in instituting the case against him.
Read more »
Onnoghen: CCT chairman wrongly accused journalists, CCT’s record shows
Read more »
Onnoghen Accuses CCT Of Not Following Produres In Instituting CaseThe suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Friday accused the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) of not following its set Standard Operation Procedures in instituting the case …
Read more »
CCT Trial: I deserve an apology from FG, says Onnoghen - Vanguard News NigeriaABUJA----The suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Friday, demanded an apology from the Federal Government for dragging him before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, for trial over his alleged failure to properly declare his assets.
Read more »
Onnoghen accuses CCT of not following procedures in instituting caseThe suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, on Friday accused the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) of not following its set Standard
Read more »
BREAKING: CCT: Tribunal orders Onnoghen to defend chargesThe Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has rejected the no-case submission made in his trial by suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen.
Read more »
CCT: Why I've no case to answer — Onnoghen - Vanguard News NigeriaWith the Federal Government closing its case in the on-going trial of Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, where the prosecution failed to prove most of the allegation carried by the media against him, Onnoghen has opted to go for a no case submission.
Read more »
BREAKING: CCT dismisses Onnoghen’s no-case submission, orders him to open defence
Read more »
CCT rejects Onnoghen's no-case submission, orders him to enter defence – Daily TrustThe Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has dismissed the no-case submission made by suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen. Onnoghen is being tried for non-declaration of asset, in a six-count charge instituted by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).ADVERTISEMENT The tribunal Chairman, Danladi Umar, after taking arguments from parties this morning, in …
Read more »