Breaking: I met Kanu but didn’t collect money to topple Buhari’s govt, Sowore tells Court vanguardngr.com vanguardnews
Detained activist and convener of the RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore has denied the allegation by the Department of State Service, DSS, that he was sponsored by external forces to topple President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.
It will be recalled that Justice Taiwo Taiwo of the High Court had on August 8, granted the DSS leave to detain Sowore for 45 days. In an affidavit he filed in support of points of law he raised to challenge his arrest, Sowore maintained that his reputation remained “unblemished” despite his detention.
“That contrary to the deposition in Paragraph of the counter-affidavit, there was nowhere in EXHIBIT SSS1 where he expressed a desire to launch any violent attack or topple any government in Nigeria. “Apart from failing to address these problems, the Muhammadu Buhari administration has compounded them in a manner that the majority of Nigerians are frustrated.
“That due to the refusal of the Applicant/Respondent to obey the court orders for the release Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky and his wife from unlawful custody his supporters have been protesting against the refusal of the Federal Government to abide by the said orders. “That the Applicant/Respondent completed his interrogation based on the information which he made available as the investigators have no information whatsoever. Since the completion of the investigation on August 8, 2019, he has been idle.
“That contrary to the averments in paragraph4 of the counter-affidavit, the protests actually held on the 5th August 2019 and none of the persons who took part in the said protests engaged in any form of violence or attack. “That President Muhammadu Buhari and other leaders of the ruling party had led street protests in the past which the Applicant/Respondent claimed were planned to overthrow the federal government. Attached hereto and marked EXHIBIT E is the news report confirming the assertion.
“The Nigeria Labour Congress under the leadership of Comrade Adams Oshiomole, the current Chairman of the APC had been accused of sabotaging the economy for protesting against the incessant increase in the prices of fuel under the former Olusegun Obasanjo administration. “In May 2015, the federal government warned those who were planning a coup de tat to desist from the plot. Even though the Chief of Army Staff, General Tukur Buratai denied the involvement of the Nigerian Army in the planned coup but the alleged coup plotters have not been arrested and prosecuted.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Breaking: Police release COZA Pastor Fatoyinbo on bail - Vanguard NewsNigeria News - Rape Allegation: Police release COZA Pastor Fatoyinbo on Bail following arrival of Key witness from Port Harcourt.
Read more »
Sowore Challenges Powers Of DSS To Arrest, Prosecute Him In CourtSowore Challenges Powers Of DSS To Arrest, Prosecute Him In Court 'The fact that the SSS and DSS are used interchangeably in Nigeria has not conferred a legal status on the DSS.'
Read more »
Police probes Fatoyinbo over rape allegations | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsThe senior pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Biodun Fatoyinbo honoured the Nigeria Police invitation for questioning over rape allegations made against him by a celebrity photographer Busola Dakolo. He is being probed at the Force Criminal Investigation Department, Garki Area 10, Abuja. This comes less than a week after Fatoyinbo refused to …
Read more »
Lukaku scores on debut as Conte’s Inter Milan make flying start | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsForward Romelu Lukaku scored on his debut for Inter Milan as they made a flying start under new coach Antonio Conte in Serie A on Monday.
Read more »
PDP suspends former Senator, mother, 11 others over anti-party activities | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsFormer Nigerian Senator Samuel Anyanwu, his mother Virginia Anyanwu and 11 other ward officials have been suspended indefinitely by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo State.
Read more »
Police to dismiss two officers for working with Wadume | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World NewsNigeria Police authorities may dismiss two of its officers after allegedly working with a suspected kidnap kingpin Hamisu Bala Wadume. A top police source told The Guardian that the Assistant Superintendent of Police, Aondonna Iorbee, and Inspector Aliyu attached to Ibi police division might be dismissed for allegedly colluding with the criminal. Wadume was rearrested …
Read more »