Mr Buba said the farmers were buried on Friday morning after an Islamic funeral service.
A member of the vigilante group, Civilian-JTF, Abudulmumeen Bulama, said despite being shot at, one farmer managed to escape and raise an alarm.
“We could only mobilise and reach the scene late on Thursday. Upon arrival, we were met with a horrifying sight: some victims had their throats slit from behind, while others were completely beheaded,” said Mr Bulama, as he struggled to hold back the tears welling in his eyes.“Despite our efforts to produce our food, safety in the bush remains a concern. It seems that not a day goes by without an attack on either farmers or lumberjacks,” expressed Bagoyin Adam, a farmer.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Boko Haram Kills 15 In Fresh Attack In Borno CommunitiesNo fewer than 15 civilians including farmers, have been killed by suspected Boko Haram terrorists in multiple attacks in two communities in Molai general area
Read more »
Nigerian Army Finally Begins Payment Of Operational Allowances To Personnel Fighting Boko Haram Terrorists In North-East After SaharaReporters' Story | Sahara ReportersThe Nigerian Army has begun the payment of operational allowances to personnel fighting Boko Haram insurgency in the Northeast. SaharaReporters on Wednesday reported that the officers had not been paid for many months. According to some of the soldiers, attempts to complain had been met with threats by the army authorities.
Read more »
Anti-Graft Agency, EFCC Closes Case Against Former Minister Of Power, Wakil, Four Others | Sahara ReportersThe Maiduguri Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has closed its case against a former Minister of Power, Muhammad Wakil and four others. The prosecution closed its case on Wednesday, June 14, 2023, before Justice K. Dagat of the Federal High Court, Maiduguri, Borno State, after presenting three witnesses. Wakil, alongside Garba Abatcha, Ibrahim Shehu Birma, Dr. Abubakar Ali Kullima and Engr. Muhammad Baba Kachalla, were re-arraigned on a-seven count charge of criminal conspiracy to commit money laundering to the tune of N450,000,000.
Read more »
Abbas constitutes seven special committeesThe speaker announced the constitution of the special committees on Thursday in Abuja.
Read more »
Ijaw group declares seven-day mourning over deaths of 10 people – Punch Newspapers
Read more »
Poor pay: Uber, Bolt drivers issue seven-day strike ultimatumA proposed peace meeting between e-hailing firms and their drivers who are operating under the various app-based platforms ended in a
Read more »