A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Olabode George, has faulted the continuation of National Home Grown School Feeding Programme during the lockdown.
George, in a statement on Sunday in Lagos, said it was through the unity of purpose and collective efforts of all citizens that the virus could be defeated.
“It is a redundant, unworkable palliative. In a nation where there is no standard numbering of houses, how do you get the food to the beneficiaries? This is more than laughable. It is tragic,” he added “We must never reduce this obvious national challenge to partisan feud. This is beyond section triumphalism or sectarian animosity.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Nigerian Government’s School Feeding Programme During COVID-19 Lockdown Tragic, Laughable –Bode George | Sahara ReportersGeorge in a statement on Sunday wondered how the government planned to identify the children earmarked for the palliative in a country with poor data records.
Read more »
Buhari govt feeding programme laughable, tragic – Bode GeorgeA former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Bode George, has chided the Buhari administration over its feeding programme. Last week, Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, announced that a total of 3,131,971 households are targeted for the Home Grown School Feeding Programme (HGSFP) In a statement on Sunday, George condemned
Read more »
Nigerian Government’s School Feeding Programme During COVID-19 Lockdown Tragic, Laughable –Bode George | Sahara ReportersGeorge in a statement on Sunday wondered how the government planned to identify the children earmarked for the palliative in a country with poor data records.
Read more »
Buhari govt feeding programme laughable, tragic – Bode GeorgeA former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Bode George, has chided the Buhari administration over its feeding programme. Last week, Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, announced that a total of 3,131,971 households are targeted for the Home Grown School Feeding Programme (HGSFP) In a statement on Sunday, George condemned
Read more »
Review or cancel school feeding during lockdown, PTA tells FG
Read more »
Who feeds from the school feeding programme? – Daily TrustA minimum of N42.1million will be spent weekly in feeding pupils in public schools under the Home Grown School Feeding Programme in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Minister of State, Ramatu Aliyu has said. Aliyu, said a total of 120,300 pupils across the six area councils in the territory will be benefitting from the FCT Home …
Read more »