Five-year-old Miguel da Silva died when he fell from the ninth story of the highrise where his mother worked in the city of Recife. VidasNegrasImportam BlackLivesMatter Brasil Brazil Recife
Five-year-old Miguel da Silva died Tuesday when he fell from the ninth story of the highrise where his mother worked in the city of Recife.
Media reports said after exiting the elevator the boy climbed through a window, up a balcony railing and fell to his death. “It’s important to be at this protest because Miguel’s life represents the reality of lots of other black kids, the children of domestic workers. He could have been any one of us,” said protester Nathalia Ferreira.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Black Boy Falls From Ninth Story Building In Brazil, Sparks Racism ProtestBlack Boy Falls From Ninth Story Building In Brazil, Sparks Racism Protest
Read more »
Brazil virus toll surges to third-highest in worldBrazil's death toll from the novel coronavirus has surged past 34,000 to become the third-highest in the world, surpassing Italy's, according to official figures released Thursday.
Read more »
Record virus deaths in Brazil, Mexico spur defence effortsBrazil and Mexico reported record daily coronavirus death tolls as governments in Latin America battled to fortify defenses against the accelerating pandemic with fresh lockdown orders and curfews.
Read more »
COVID-19: Brazil threatens to pull out of WHO as Chloroquine trial beginsBrazilian President, Jair Bolsonaro has threatened to pull the country out of the World Health Organisation (WHO). \u201cThe U.S. has already withdrawn. Either the WHO works without any ideological prejudices or we are out,\u201d he said. Bolsanaro speaking to CNN Brasil on Friday night, cited the decision by WHO to resume the testing of hydroxychloroquine
Read more »
Brazil threatens to quit WHO following U.S. withdrawalBrazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has threatened to pull the country out of the World Health Organisation (WHO), citing the decision by the U.S. to withdraw late last month.
Read more »
Brazil threatens to quit WHO – Daily TrustBrazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has threatened to pull out of the WHO over “ideological bias,” as his counterpart Donald Trump said the US economy was recovering from the coronavirus pandemic while Europe slowly reopens its borders. From Africa to Europe to Asia, governments are focused on reviving economies ravaged by weeks of restrictions to contain […]
Read more »