Ban on public gathering subsists – Oyo

Nigeria News News

Ban on public gathering subsists – Oyo
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 42 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Oyo State Government said on Thursday that the ban placed on public gathering and worship in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic in the state had not been lifted as being rumoured in some quarters.

The disclosure was made in a statement by Jide Ajani, Special Adviser on Media to Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State.

The statement disclaimed the information in a cloned flyer, circulated by “a faceless group” claiming to be members of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force, maintaining that the ban on public gathering had been lifted in the state. The statement written in response to the claim read in parts, “There is a fake press statement presently in circulation, referencing some Executive Orders allegedly issued by the Executive Governor of Oyo State.

“The individual who signed the statement is one Adeniran Adenuga, who assumed the title of ‘Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Governor.”’All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Oyo Assembly okays Makinde’s N20bn loan requestOyo Assembly okays Makinde’s N20bn loan request
Read more »

APC tackles Makinde, Oyo Assembly over N20bn loanAPC tackles Makinde, Oyo Assembly over N20bn loan
Read more »

Oyo, Ondo appoint Amotekun corps commandersOyo, Ondo appoint Amotekun corps commanders
Read more »

Oyo impounds 15 motorcycles, 9 cars, 4 trailers in SakiOyo impounds 15 motorcycles, 9 cars, 4 trailers in SakiOyo State Road Transport Management Authority (OYRTMA) on Wednesday said it has impounded no fewer than 15 motorcycles, 9 commercial cars and 4 trailers in Saki. Executive Chairman, OYRTMA, Dr. Akin Fagbemi noted that the vehicles were impounded for flagrantly violating the COVID-19 preventive measures and dusk-dawn curfew imposed by the State Government. He said
Read more »

Robbers invade Apete community in Oyo - The Nation NigeriaRobbers invade Apete community in Oyo - The Nation NigeriaNo fewer than 20 dare-devil robbers were said to have invaded Jamade street, Opposite Goshen land, a sub-community of Apete in Ido Local...
Read more »

Oyo: Gov Makinde reveals identity of company with large COVID-19 casesOyo: Gov Makinde reveals identity of company with large COVID-19 casesOyo: Gov Makinde reveals identity of company with large COVID-19 cases ThursdayThoughts ReadThis
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 11:54:49