“I will not get into that kind of details.” Nigeria
The official, who declined to be identified, said the United States was gathering evidence about the attack to present to the international community, notably European allies, at the UN General Assembly next week.
Asked if Washington was certain that the missiles had been launched from Iranian soil, the official answered: “Yes.” US intelligence services have the capability of determining where the missiles were launched from, the official said, declining, however, to say how many were fired.The weekend strikes on Abqaiq –- the world’s largest oil processing facility –- and the Khurais oil field in eastern Saudi Arabia have roiled global energy markets.
Yemen’s Iran-aligned Huthi rebels claimed responsibility for Saturday’s attacks but Saudi Arabia accused Iran and President Donald Trump also singled out Tehran.The president said the United States wanted to help its Saudi ally but he wanted to avoid a war. Tensions between Iran and the United States and its allies have threatened to boil over since May last year when Trump abandoned a 2015 nuclear deal and began reimposing sanctions in its campaign of “maximum pressure.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
US, Nigeria meet on Intellectual Property, move against counterfeiters - Daily Post NigeriaUnited States Mission in Nigeria and the American Business Council, in partnership with the Nigerian Government and members of the private sector, met in L
Read more »
Buhari reacts to attack on Saudi Arabia - Daily Post NigeriaPresident Muhammadu Buhari has said the Federal Republic of Nigeria stands in solidarity with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, following drone attacks yesterda
Read more »
World Oil Supplies Still ‘Fairly Substantial’ After Saudi Attacks – US OfficialWorld Oil Supplies Still ‘Fairly Substantial’ After Saudi Attacks – US Official.
Read more »
Trump authorises release of US oil reserves after Saudi attacksNigeria News - Trump said on Sunday he authorised the release of oil from the US Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) if needed in a quantity to be determined.
Read more »
Saudi Attacks: Iran Rules Out Talks With US Amid TensionsSaudi Attacks: Iran Rules Out Talks With US Amid Tensions.
Read more »