A Children, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Court, sitting in Anambra State, has ordered the remand of one Mrs Ekpereamaka Okonkwo, 39, and her husband,
The woman was arrested last week after her brothel was busted by youth of Oba community in Idemili North Local Government Area, for using underage girls for prostitution.
Obinabo, who played along, accepted the money and asked her husband to bring her for settlement, and she was arrested when she appeared. Their offences were said to be punishable under Section 495 of the Criminal Code Cap 36 Vol II, Revised Laws of Anambra State of Nigeria, 1991. “They were, however, ordered to be remanded at the Nigerian Correctional Centre, Awka, and Onitsha, respectively, while the case was adjourned further to July 12, for ruling on the bail application,” Ikeanyionwu said.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Court bars Nigerian govt from deducting N16 billion from Anambra’s allocationsThe N16 billion represents the local governments' share of the Paris Club refund, which the Anambra State Government received on their behalf but refused to hand over to them.
Read more »
Mmesoma: Anambra govt distances self from JAMB's claimThe Anambra State Government has distanced itself from claims by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) that the result of Mmesoma Ejikeme, a
Read more »
Alleged Fake UTME Result: Anambra govt lists members of investigative panel“It is not our wish to join the slanging match or take sides at this stage.'
Read more »
BREAKING: Nigerian National Assembly To Probe Results’ Forgery Allegation Against Anambra Schoolgirl By JAMB | Sahara ReportersThe House of Representatives, the lower chamber of the National Assembly, will set up an ad hoc committee to investigate allegations of manipulation of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) result levelled against Anambra State candidate, Ejikeme Mmesoma. The House confirmed this on Wednesday, as the committee would begin probe on the sundry allegations against the schoolgirl by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). SaharaReporters had on Tuesday reported that JAMB barred Ejikeme for three years over alleged forgery of UTME results.
Read more »
JAMB Vs Mmesoma: Candidate speaks on how she received conflicting results from JAMBMeanwhile, the Anambra State Government has revealed its eight-person panel to investigate the matter.
Read more »
Osita Chidoka: I'll beg JAMB for leniency if Anambra pupil comes clean | TheCableOsita Chidoka, former minister of aviation, says he will plead for leniency on behalf of Ejikeme Mmesoma if she comes clean about
Read more »