Airlifting of stranded Nigerians to end July - The Nation Nigeria

Nigeria News News

Airlifting of stranded Nigerians to end July - The Nation Nigeria
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 TheNationNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 49 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 69%

The Federal Government has set a maximum of four weeks to complete the evacuation of over 4,000 Nigerians stranded in various countries.

The citizens are stranded in various countries across following the global lockdown occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic. Already, 1,523 Nigerians have been evacuated as at June 13.

According to PTF Coordinator, Dr. Sani Aliyu, 500 of the evacuees would be landing in Abuja and the other 500 will be landing in Lagos.He said they will be coming in under the new evacuation protocol, which demands a pre-evacuation test. Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Geoffrey Onyeama said: “As the National Coordinator had mentioned earlier, that the mechanism that Dangote Foundation and others have put together to alleviate the need for evacuees to check into hotels for 14 days is now fully implemented and moving ahead well.

“So, if we can organise everything well, in the next three to four weeks maximum, we really should be able to bring home all of our evacuees who want to come back home.” He added: “So, it is excellent news for evacuees and, of course, for friends and families here because it is going to commit us to be more predictable. It gives us more predictability in this evacuation and also enables us to bring more people back.”

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TheNationNews /  🏆 6. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

BREAKING: FG to evacuate 1,000 Nigerians this weekBREAKING: FG to evacuate 1,000 Nigerians this weekThe Federal Government is to evacuate 1,000 Nigerians this week, the Presidential Taskforce (PTF) has said.Over 4,000 Nigerians are stranded...
Read more »

Govt to Nigerians: battle against virus in your hands - The Nation NigeriaGovt to Nigerians: battle against virus in your hands - The Nation NigeriaTuesdayHeadlines 16th of June 2020 1. Govt to Nigerians: battle against virus in your hands - 2. Obaseki’s disqualification final, says APC NWC - 3. TheNation loses Chief Cartoonist Sanni - Kingbiodun_
Read more »

Arewa youths give govt 14-days ultimatum to end killings in Northern Nigeria - Daily Post NigeriaArewa youths give govt 14-days ultimatum to end killings in Northern Nigeria - Daily Post NigeriaThe Coalition Against Killings in Northern Nigeria, CAKIN, have given a 14-day ultimatum to the federal government to end killings in Northern Nigeria or
Read more »

COVID-19: Nigerian Government To Evacuate 1,000 Stranded Citizens This Week | Sahara ReportersCOVID-19: Nigerian Government To Evacuate 1,000 Stranded Citizens This Week | Sahara ReportersCOVID-19: NigeriaGov To Evacuate 1,000 Stranded Citizens This Week | Sahara Reporters Nigeria has so far evacuated 1,523 of its citizens. READ MORE:
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 06:00:52