A'Court okays ex-AGF’s trial after N6.4bn refund - Punch Newspapers

Nigeria News News

A'Court okays ex-AGF’s trial after N6.4bn refund - Punch Newspapers
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 63%

The most widely read newspaper in Nigeria

According to Uwujaren, the EFCC investigated Otunla in relation to two cases; the alleged diversion of about N24billion meant for disengaged staff of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria and the N2billion allegedly received from the office of the National Security Adviser.

Uwujaren said, “Justice Ekwo, in the 2021 judgment on the suit, marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/2321/2021 filed by Otunla, held among others, that, in view of the assurance given to him by Magu, which informed his refund of the money, he could no longer be prosecuted for his actions while in office between 2011 and 2015. Otunla had, in an affidavit, claimed that Magu promised him that he would not be prosecuted should he return funds traced to him and companies linked to him and his associates.

“He said, based on Magu’s promise, he had a reconciliatory meeting with the team of investigators, where he immediately undertook to make available some funds as refunds.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Kebbi Govt Empowers 58,000 Women With N2.4bnKebbi Govt Empowers 58,000 Women With N2.4bnKebbi State government has expended N2.4 billion to empower 58,000 women across the 21 local government areas of the state under the Nigeria For Women Project
Read more »

79 Nigerians commit suicide in 202279 Nigerians commit suicide in 2022No fewer than 79 persons have committed suicide in Nigeria in 2022, The PUNCH gathered.
Read more »

Alleged N24bn Fraud: Appeal Court okays ex-accountant-general Otunla for trialAlleged N24bn Fraud: Appeal Court okays ex-accountant-general Otunla for trialThe Court of Appeal held that the former Accountant General of the Federation, Mr Otunla, failed to prove that there was actually a non-prosecution agreement between him and the EFCC.
Read more »

Organ Harvesting: UK Court Resumes Trial Of Detained Nigerian Senator, Ekweremadu | Sahara ReportersOrgan Harvesting: UK Court Resumes Trial Of Detained Nigerian Senator, Ekweremadu | Sahara ReportersSenator Ike Ekweremadu’s trial on the alleged organ harvesting will resume today, Tuesday, January 31, 2023, in the United Kingdom. SaharaReporters had earlier reported that the senator’s matter was adjourned in November, while arguments were heard on December 16 and 19, 2022. Ekweremadu who represents Enugu West Senatorial District on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and his wife, Beatrice were arrested on June 23 in London and charged with conspiracy for human trafficking and organ harvesting.
Read more »

Organ harvesting trial: Ekweremadu, wife appear in UK courtOrgan harvesting trial: Ekweremadu, wife appear in UK courtNigeria's former deputy senate president and his wife appeared in a London court on Tuesday ahead of their trial for organ harvesting, but his accused daughter was unable to attend as she is in hospital.
Read more »

Ekweremadu’s daughter absent from UK court, medical report says she's unfit for trialEkweremadu’s daughter absent from UK court, medical report says she's unfit for trialTOP STORY: Ekweremadu’s daughter absent from UK court, medical report says she's unfit for trial | TheCable
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:37:22