Nigeria is monitoring 58 people who had contact with an Italian man infected with the new coronavirus Coronavirus Nigeria China
Africa’s most populous country on Friday confirmed the first case of the virus in sub-Saharan Africa after the patient was diagnosed in the economic hub Lagos.
He was quarantined at the Infectious Disease Hospital in the sprawling city of 20 million and was responding to treatment.“Currently, the contacts of the index case are identified as 19 contacts in Lagos and 39 contacts in Ogun state,” Health Minister Osagie Ehanire told reporters in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
The minister said the measure was to control the spread of the disease, which has killed more than 3,000 people, mostly in China where it broke out late last year. “And the purpose is to know if you have an index case, who has been in contact with, and what is the likelihood that that person contracted the disease,” he said.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Coronavirus: 58 people under supervised self-isolation - Health MinisterFollowing the discovery of the first confirmed case of coronavirus disease in Lagos state, the federal government has revealed that as at the...
Read more »
Coronavirus: Number in Ogun quarantine rises to 39SundayHeadlines 1st March,2020 Morning Digest 1. Coronavirus: Number in Ogun quarantine rises to 39 2. 3. sunday_oguntola SundayMotivation marchwish SundayThoughts WATLIV March2020 TheNationNews
Read more »
Coronavirus: Nigeria quarantines 39 people after case detectionConfirmed that contacts in respect of the recorded single case of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has hit 39 from the initial reported 28.
Read more »
Coronavirus: ‘More than 100 Nigerians met with Italian’No fewer than 100 people had contacts with the Italian who is Nigeria’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) index case, the Lagos State government said on Sunday.
Read more »
Coronavirus: 58 people under supervised self-isolation - Health MinisterFollowing the discovery of the first confirmed case of coronavirus disease in Lagos state, the federal government has revealed that as at the...
Read more »
Coronavirus: Over 100 quarantined, as Italian recovers in Lagos – Commissioner – Daily TrustThe Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, on Monday said over 100 people, who have had one sort of contact or the other with the Italian national diagnosed with the new coronavirus infection, have been identified and quarantined. According to him, there were 159 passengers on the aircraft with the Italian, six people …
Read more »