2023 Hajj: Nigerian Pilgrims Protest Provision Of Poor Food Quality For Them, Special Meals For Officials In Saudi Arabia | Sahara Reporters

Nigeria News News

2023 Hajj: Nigerian Pilgrims Protest Provision Of Poor Food Quality For Them, Special Meals For Officials In Saudi Arabia | Sahara Reporters
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 SaharaReporters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 63%

Nigerian pilgrims from Osun State to the 2023 Hajj in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have lamented the poor feeding conditions in the holy land. The pilgrims, dressed in white Jellabiya, are seen in a video criticising what they had been provided to eat since their arrival in Saudi Arabia. The pilgrims who are heard speaking in Yoruba dumped their food on the doorstep of the room of the Amir-ul-Hajj, Alhaji Maruf Isola at the hotel where they were lodged in Makkah. According to DailyPost, the pilgrims revealed that their food allotments were insufficient.

2023 Hajj: Nigerian Pilgrims Protest Provision Of Poor Food Quality For Them, Special Meals For Officials In Saudi ArabiaThe pilgrims, dressed in white Jellabiya, are seen in a video criticising what they had been provided to eat since their arrival in Saudi Arabia.

The pilgrims, dressed in white Jellabiya, are seen in a video criticising what they had been provided to eat since their arrival in Saudi Arabia. “For the past four days, they have been feeding us with four slices of bread and two eggs. But now we can no longer endure because the officials and members of the board are being fed with special food.“But it is from the money that we paid that they are being taken care of. That’s why we are protesting,” one of them said.

This was made known on Sunday by the Board’s Administrative Secretary, Bolaji Sanni on behalf of the Amir-ul-Hajj, Ishola.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SaharaReporters /  🏆 9. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

2023 Hajj: Six Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia | Sahara Reporters2023 Hajj: Six Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia | Sahara ReportersThe National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has disclosed the death of six Nigerian pilgrims participating in the 2023 Hajj in Saudi Arabia. Usman Galadima, the Head of the NAHCON 2023 Hajj medical team, disclosed this on Saturday during a meeting of the commission in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. Galadima said among the casualty figures, the delegations from Osun and Kaduna states for the pilgrimage recorded two deaths each, while Plateau State recorded one.
Read more »

2023 Hajj: Six Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia2023 Hajj: Six Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi ArabiaThe Nigerian NAHCON official also said that the hajj clinic recorded two miscarriages and delivered one baby.
Read more »

Hajj: Six Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi ArabiaHajj: Six Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi ArabiaThe National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has confirmed the death of Six Nigerian pilgrims participating in the 2023 Hajj in Saudi Arabia. Usman
Read more »

'Largest Hajj Pilgrimage In History' Begins As Over 2.5Million Pilgrims Converge In Mecca | Sahara Reporters'Largest Hajj Pilgrimage In History' Begins As Over 2.5Million Pilgrims Converge In Mecca | Sahara ReportersThe pilgrimage of Hajj has begun in Saudi Arabia as crowds of Muslims donning white robes circle the Kaaba, the cubed structure at the epicentre of Islam’s holiest site, to offer prayers to Allah. The annual pilgrimage began on Sunday in Mecca, Saudi Arabia with the tawaf, the circling of the Kaaba, in an event that is expected to break attendance records. The number of pilgrims to Saudi Arabia this year is expected to break records at more than 2.5 million, according to Al Jazeera.
Read more »

Hajj 2023: Saudi releases new guidelines on “stoning the devil”Hajj 2023: Saudi releases new guidelines on “stoning the devil”The new guidelines involve the systematic movement of pilgrims to be led by appointed guides in strict compliance with approved movement timetables and route schedules.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 01:59:05