11 killed in Ondo crash, Lagos container crushes nine

Nigeria News News

11 killed in Ondo crash, Lagos container crushes nine
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 63%

No fewer than 20 people were confirmed dead on Sunday in two road crashes in Ondo and Lagos states.

In the Lagos accident, nine persons were confirmed dead and one person was rescued alive after a truck conveying a 20-foot container fell on a commercial minibus at Ojuelegba in the Surulere area of the state.learnt that the incident occurred around 12.45pm when the minibus, with number plate KTU921YG, stopped to pick up some passengers.

The Permanent Secretary of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, confirmed the incident in a statement. “After suspending the container load with the aid of the agency’s forklift and cutting off the top of the bus with light rescue equipment, a single adult woman was extricated alive and taken to the trauma centre.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Black Sunday: 11 travellers burnt to death in OndoBlack Sunday: 11 travellers burnt to death in OndoAt least, 11 passengers were burnt to death beyond recognition in a fatal crash that happened on Sunday in Ondo State. The victims were said to be heading
Read more »

Lagos Police Command denies removal of Alabi as Lagos CPLagos Police Command denies removal of Alabi as Lagos CPThe Lagos State Police Command has faulted the report that claimed that Abiodun Alabi had been removed as the Lagos State Commissioner of Police.
Read more »

I will ban 'agbero', says Lagos LP gov candidateI will ban 'agbero', says Lagos LP gov candidateThe Lagos State Labour Party governorship candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, on Sunday, disclosed that he will enthrone a working transportation system in Lagos if elected governor during the March 11 governorship election.
Read more »

JUST-IN: 11 Burnt To Death In Ondo Auto CrashJUST-IN: 11 Burnt To Death In Ondo Auto CrashEleven persons have been burnt to death in a fatal motor accident that occurred at Soka Bridge in Ore, the headquarters of Odigbo local government area of
Read more »

Ondo residents will reject APC, says ex-deputy govOndo residents will reject APC, says ex-deputy govA former deputy governor of Ondo State, Mr Agboola Ajayi, has expressed the readiness of the people of the state to vote for the Peoples Democratic Party candidates in the general elections.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 09:52:30