1, 400 repentant Boko Haram suspects released

Nigeria News News

1, 400 repentant Boko Haram suspects released
Nigeria Latest News,Nigeria Headlines
  • 📰 MobilePunch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Borno State Government has said about 1,400 repentant Boko Haram suspects have been released by the military and rehabilitated into society.

during an interview on Monday that 1, 400 had been released in three tranches since thereports that although the programme began in 2016, it wasn’t until 2018 that the release of the suspects began.

“The total number of persons released is 1,400. Out of the 1,400, the majority of them are cleared suspects. These were people who were suspected of being members of Boko Haram and it was discovered that they were not. Jato said after the training, they were handed over to the Borno State Government for proper integration into their communities.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

MobilePunch /  🏆 8. in NG

Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Boko Haram: 30 killed, 18 vehicles burnt along Maiduguri - Damaturu road - Daily Post NigeriaBoko Haram: 30 killed, 18 vehicles burnt along Maiduguri - Damaturu road - Daily Post NigeriaBorno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum has visited the scene of attack at Auno along the Maiduguri - Damaturu road where 30 people were
Read more »

NAF kills Boko Haram leaders near Sambisa ForestNAF kills Boko Haram leaders near Sambisa Forest
Read more »

Boko Haram key leaders killed - Daily Post NigeriaBoko Haram key leaders killed - Daily Post NigeriaThe Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has taken out some key Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) leaders at Alafa Yagayaga in the Sambisa Forest in Borno State. Air
Read more »

Boko Haram kills 30, abducts dozens in MaiduguriBoko Haram kills 30, abducts dozens in Maiduguri
Read more »

Nigerian Air Force Kills Boko Haram Leaders Near Sambisa Forest | Sahara ReportersNigerian Air Force Kills Boko Haram Leaders Near Sambisa Forest | Sahara ReportersDaramola explained that this was achieved on February 8 when fighter jets dispatched by the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole obliterated a compound in the settlement where the leaders had assembled for a meeting, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.
Read more »

Many killed as Boko Haram attacks stranded travellers at Maiduguri gateMany killed as Boko Haram attacks stranded travellers at Maiduguri gateThe insurgents also abducted many travelers mostly women after setting vehicles ablaze.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 05:04:10